Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First look into my handmade invitations.


This is a small group of the invitations that I have made by hand. This invitation group for my sons party took quite a few weeks to make. I actually made them almost eight months early while I was still pregnant, because I knew once the baby came I wouldn't have the time nor the patience. I handmade the stencils used to make the McQueens and the Route 66 signs, as well as painted each indivitual one.



I use stamps quite often for my information side.

These were super cute. I thought of them one night while having trouble sleeping. These invitations look like little princess story books, with the front inviting the guests with a "Once Upon a Time.." opener. This opening can easily be changed to meet another situations circumstances.

The middle page included an Under the Sea page to incorporate the theme of her birthday cake along with keeping the princess train of thought in a little more of a creative way.

Each story book ended with a classic Disney Princess. I believe I had characters ranging from Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine to Cinderella. These were fun! I included her clothing sizes, "gift wish list", and my phone number on the very back.

These were done for a Kids Valentine Party last year. It was a fun idea. I plan on making this a normal annual event after the kids get a little older.

A peak into my portfolio. I have a special place to keep all my past work, so that I can grow in my techniques, as well as remember how I made them so that I am able to remake my "favorites".

This was a bridal shower invitation I made for my sister-in-law before she married my brother-in-law. I liked how I did the contact info on these. I covered my phone number for the sake of privacy, but that was also on a tag. Very simple, easy to make, and totally fun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment